Skip to content Skip to navigation

Important Information Regarding COVID-19

For quickest response to an issue, please submit a ServiceNow Ticket to the Student Services Center. If you prefer to talk to an SSC Specialist, we offer advising sessions via Zoom by appointment. SSC specialists are also available for live chat from LiveChat Monday – Friday, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. via the Service Now portal.

Latest information about the University's response to COVID-19 • Academic questions are extensively answered in the TeachAnywhere FAQ • Latest updates for: UndergraduatesGrad Students and Postdocs

See the Registrar's COVID-19 and Academic Continuity page for information for students, faculty, and staff relevant to classes and academic activities and administration. (updated August 21, 2020)

Enrollment Certification

The Student Services Center certifies enrollment to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) quarterly, using a two-step certification process. Up to 30 days prior to the start of the quarter, students enrolled full-time per their degree program will be certified for the Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA). See the Stanford Academic Calendar for exact dates in each quarter.

After the Final Study list deadline, the Student Services Center confirms student enrollment and completes the certification for tuition and fees. Students are certified based on the quarters indicated in the VA Education Benefits Enrollment Application that must be submitted annually. Should an adjustment need to be made, it is the student’s responsibility to contact the VA Certifying Officer as soon as possible to correct the terms of use. Students are encouraged to pay their expected portion of the bill using the MHA by the billing deadline each quarter. The remainder of the bill will be addressed once the institution receives payment from the VA.

General overpayments of VA education benefits are the responsibility of the student. If the enrollment change has resulted in tuition overpayment, the student is responsible for paying the tuition and fees back to the VA. If the student is a Ch. 33 recipient and the enrollment change has resulted in tuition overpayment, a debt letter will be sent to the University to return said overpayment. The student will also be issued a debt letter to return any Monthly Housing Allowance overpayments. It remains the student’s responsibility to provide tuition and fees back to the VA.

If the enrollment change has resulted in underpayment, the VA sends the difference in tuition and fees to the student, excluding Ch. 33 recipients. If you are a Ch. 33 recipient, tuition and fees will be paid directly to the institution in a separate payment.