In order to comply with VA regulations, students are responsible for the following:
- Obtain official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended, whether VA benefits were received or not.
- Report any changes in enrollment status to the Office of the University Registrar.
- Report any changes that are made to a degree plan. Undergraduates declaring or making changes to their major(s), minor(s), honor(s), or degree program(s) in Axess and Graduates adding or removing degree programs through the Graduate Program Authorization Petition should contact the School Certifying Official at email@example.com to report change.
- General overpayments of VA benefits are the responsibility of the student, even if the payment was submitted directly to the school on your behalf.
- Stanford University is required to certify only those courses that meet minimum graduation requirements. Courses not directly related to a student's degree program or courses beyond those required for a specific degree program are not certified. Undergraduates should meet with their UAR adviser to develop a course enrollment plan. Graduate students should have their departments approve their study lists as meeting graduation requirements on a quarterly basis.
- If concurrently enrolled with another college/university, notify both Stanford and the host institution.
- Undergraduates only: VA regulations require undergraduate students to declare their major by the end of their sophomore year. Stanford cannot certify enrollment to the VA beyond sophomore year unless a major has been declared. Note that a student can change their major at any time.